- University of Oklahoma, BA 2001
- London School of Economics, MSc, 2003
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, JD, 2007
As a founding partner, I am privileged to lead a team of extremely intelligent and dedicated professionals. As an attorney, I advise clients in a variety of sectors – including energy, real estate, finance, and art. My diverse practice is built around developing deep, long-term relationships with our clients.
My approach is calm and pragmatic – first, through an understanding of your business, your goals, and the demands of your stakeholders and, secondly, through my knowledge of related markets and developments which are unique to your company’s sector.
A native of Bartlesville, Oklahoma, I earned both my bachelor’s and juris doctorate’s degrees from the University of Oklahoma. My second year of the latter, however, was completed in Hamburg, Germany at Bucerius Law School, where I studied international business law. Additionally, I hold a master’s degree from the London School of Economics.
In my spare time, I am an avid gardener and art collector.
- Served as lead title diligence counsel to a global investment firm for a $140MM credit facility in favor of a Houston-based oil and gas operator
- Served as lead diligence counsel for a Chinese buyer of over $400MM worth of U.S. onshore oil and gas assets
- Represented a south Texas landowner in successfully negotiating a route relocation and above-market compensation for multiple oil and gas pipelines
- Represented an Ohio auto parts retailer in the acquisition of the building site for their regional distribution center in north Texas
- Represented sellers of commercial hunting lands in central and east Texas
- Represented lenders, service companies, and operators in the establishment and extinguishment of mineral liens
- Advised a north Texas bank in the establishment of its energy lending and finance regime
- Advised an existing client in the creation of a new royalty-backed lending program
- Represented landowners and developers in their disputes with construction contractors
- Represented commercial landowners and tenants in lease negotiations and resolving contentious issues
- Advised art collectors regarding restrictions in “Historical” and “Artistic Monuments” potentially applicable to their exportation of Mexican paintings and sculptures
- Represented U.S. collectors in the purchase of artworks from sellers in Europe and South America
- Represented collectors and advisors regarding financing, guarantees, and lending of artworks and collectibles