- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA 2012
- Campbell University School of Law, JD 2015
- North Carolina
As an Associate at Hameline/Eccleston, I am privileged to represent and advise our clients under the leadership of our Partners and Senior Managing Associates. My practice is primarily focused on the energy sector and civil litigation, though I’ve also assisted our clients with more general real property matters.
My goal is to provide our clients with the representation, knowledge, and advice necessary to keep their businesses moving forward. To achieve this, my approach is thorough and practical. I carefully consider the facts and all relevant information, while tailoring my services to the unique needs of our clients. I take great pride in delivering comprehensive, polished, and efficient work product to our clients, as well as providing aggressive and strategic representation.
As a native North Carolinian, I earned my bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and my juris doctor degree from Campbell University. Prior to joining Hameline/Eccleston, I served the citizens of eastern North Carolina as an Assistant District Attorney and a Resource Prosecutor.
In my spare time, I enjoy traveling with my wife, golfing, exercising, and reading. I firmly believe in the benefits of maintaining an active and intellectually stimulating lifestyle.
- Drafted hundreds of oil and gas drilling title opinions
- Bench and jury trial experience
- Assisted in obtaining a default judgment in fraud litigation
- Assisted in the negotiation of sizeable settlements in fraud litigation
- Assisted client buyer, land team, and seller for diligence, closing, and post-closing matters in the purchase and sale of oil and gas well and leasehold interests
- Assisted in homeowner disputes with construction contractors
- Assisted in landlord – tenant disputes
- Assisted in an oil and gas production unit dispute
- Advised clients on correcting errors in recorded deeds
- Assisted in the acquisition of oil and gas well and leasehold interests