- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, JD, 2005
I joined Hameline/Eccleston LLP as a senior associate in 2018, after working as senior counsel at Jackson Walker in the energy and real estate practice groups. As an attorney licensed in Texas and Oklahoma, I have over 13 years’ experience in real estate and energy transactions. I am a member of the State Bar of Texas’ and State Bar of Oklahoma’s Real Estate and Energy Sections, am a member of the AAPL, and the Women’s Energy Network, the Dallas Bar Association, and young professionals in energy.
After being born in Louisiana and raised in Georgia, I attended college at the University of Georgia and graduated from Southern Methodist University with honors with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in International Studies and minors in Spanish and music. My last semester of undergraduate was spent studying in Madrid, Spain. After earning my undergraduate degree, I spent over 2 years as transactional legal assistant in large firm before obtaining my juris doctorate graduating with honors from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 2005.
- Represented privately owned oil and gas companies in the negotiation, preparation and acquisition of acreage in east, south and west Texas, and in Oklahoma, including rendering of title opinions related to these properties.
- Represented a multi-national public commercial real estate companies in their acquisition of multi-family, retail, office, hotel, retail and mixed-use industrial portfolio transactions, specifically with an emphasis on diligence analysis and curative actions, including aspects of title, survey, and zoning matters.
- Represented private equity companies and investment banks in connection with credit facilities secured by oil and gas assets located in California, North Dakota, Texas, Oklahoma, Montana, and New Mexico.
- Represented land and ranch owners in negotiating of oil and gas leases, surface use agreements, pipeline easements, and similar agreements related to upstream exploration and production.
- Advised and represented wind and solar renewable energy companies in the negotiation of agreements related to project development and in obtaining waivers, estoppels and consents from mineral owners.
- Advised and acted as local counsel for small privately held technology companies in the formation and drafting of business entity agreements.